I feel like I’ve been MIA from you guys for a little while. Transition is not always as smooth as you plan, and even when transition is a semi-normal part of your life, it’s not easy. Between May 19 and June 3, I left one culture that I had been in for a year, went to NC which was my original home culture and then to Colorado for six weeks. I’ve been in Colorado for about three weeks now, and I feel like my head is about to stop spinning. Of course, in a couple of weeks, it will be time to hit the road again. I’m sure there is a good lesson in that somewhere…
As for the training here in Colorado, it is going great. I honestly feel like this might be one of the most worthwhile things that I have done in the past five years. “More worthwhile than going overseas,” you’re asking? Obviously I believe that going is very important and worthwhile. But this time is about investing. Investing in others who are going. It is a relatively short period of time that will prayerfully result in about 75 more people being better equipped to take the gospel to the ends of the earth. That is EXCITING to me!!! I am one person who can go, but the thought of being able to help (even a little) 75 people be better prepared to go gets me going. I hope you’re excited about that too!
By the way, I am investing my time this summer, but there is a way that you can invest too. The cost for being back in the US this summer is not cheap ($4,000+ - plane ticket prices are going up and make up half of that total). Would you consider making an additional investment towards putting more laborers in the field by helping me to cover the cost of being here this summer? I truly believe it will make an eternal difference.
Things to be praying for:
1. That the Lord would give me wisdom and humility in leading the guys I am coaching this summer
2. Grace and understanding for the program participants. Pray that the Lord would plant deeply things that will help them in their transition to long term life overseas.
3. That this will continue to be a time that all of us will learn and be blessed in the Lord
4. For financial resources to cover the cost of being in the US this summer
6.24.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment