
I will try to post a more detailed update about life here soon, but for now, I wanted you all to know that I was not in the area that was most severely affected by the May 12 earthquake in China. I am safe and sound, and there is no damage where I am. The people I know in the affected area are mostly just very shaken up, and some have minor damage in their apartments. No one I know was injured in the earthquake.
Please pray for the many people who remained trapped under buildings in remote areas, the thousands who are seriously injured, and the families who have lost loved ones (especially including the parents of many school aged children who died when their schools collapsed). Pray that the Lord will use this terrible tragedy to call many people to come to know Him as their personal Lord and Savior. And finally, praise the Lord for the Chinese government's swift and open response to this crisis. In sharp contrast to the government response to the recent cyclone disaster in Burma, the Chinese government's rapid response and openess to outside help in this situation will undoubtedly save lives.
Thanks again SO MUCH for praying. More updates soon.
Brian
P.S. You can follow constantly updated reports on the China earthquake by checking out the following sites (these are the ones I use, in this order):

No comments:
Post a Comment