5.20.2005

A few things to update you about...

1. I got a call yesterday making my new fall assignment official. Steve, whom you have been reading about in the last few posts will be my director when I get back. The move is bittersweet, as I will really miss the students with whom I have been working for the past year. I know that the Lord is sovereign over all things though, and I do believe this move will be the best thing for the ministry in the city in the long run.

The decision was not finalized in time for me to get a new apartment before I leave for the US, so please be praying with me through that this summer. The undergraduate student body at the new campus is gradually being moved to a new location about an hour outside the city and a couple of us are talking about trying to move somewhere close to that campus. The good thing about that would be being closer to the students and having more flexibility in doing ministry there. The not as good part (opportunity, as we used to call it when I worked at the bank :)is that all of our team meetings and language classes would still be in the city.

Please pray for wisdom about this decision. Either way, it is going to mean a lot of time commuting next year (the team assigned to that campus this year lives in the city and has been going to the new campus for six hours a day three days a week, but that really limits possible interaction with students). If the Lord would have us stay in the city next year, please pray that He would lead us in making an effective ministry plan for this new campus, and give us quality time with the students there.

**Please also be praying for me during the next week as I will not only be saying goodbye to the guys I have been working with for the past year, but also trying to meet some students at the new campus so that I will know some people there in the fall.

2. There are a lot of things that I need/want to get done in the next week. I am in the process of making/editing a video testimony, would like to make a slideshow, and also need to buy a lot of gifts (which is more difficult than it sounds, at least for me). Pray that the Lord would help me to use the time I have efficiently and be able to get all the little details taken care of before I leave.

3. Pray for our summer project that is coming in this morning. We have a packed schedule for them this weekend, so pray that they will have energy and not suffer from too much jet lag. Pray that they would have the opportunity to get on campus quickly after they get here and start meeting students, and that they would find students who are receptive. Also pray for an event that they will be planning to meet students during their first or second week here.

4. Pray for students from the May Break trip who are applying for a summer project here. They will need to go through an interview process and raise support for the project which will start in July. Pray that they would be committed to going and to the process even with final exams looming for many of them.

5. Pray for a level 2 training that we will be happening this weekend. It has been a while since we have done this training and we have a lot of students who are ready to attend. Pray that the Spirit would lead in the planning of the time, and that nothing would get in the way of students being able to go. Also pray for the teachers that they would be filled with the Spirit as they teach these students about leading new believers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll be in my thoughts this week as you pack up, saying goodbye to one joy to replace it for a new journey. I know it's a tough move, but it's awesome to see your excitement and hope of the things Dad's going to do - so excited for you bro and will be thinking about apartment and living stuff this week. Have a safe trip state side and if you get a chance, shoot me an email/give me a call - I won't be at the big meeting this summer in the mountains, but I will be stateside all summer. Anyways, look forward to catching up. Blessings, Daniel Oops